The Forklift Driver is selected by the Plant Manager or Human Resource Specialist with the approval of the President. This position reports to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor. The forklift driver shall have:
- Two + years’ experience operating a forklift for loading and loading operations
- Forklift certification thru formal training or established company training program
The Forklift Driver has the authority to sign necessary paperwork in the shipping and receiving area.
The Forklift Driver has the responsibility to help maintain an efficient shipping and receiving area. This includes:
- Unloading trucks and transferring material to the proper storage/staging locations.
- Selecting proper items for shipment and loading them onto trucks.
- Filling out necessary bills of lading, packing lists, shipping and receiving log as needed.
- Additional items as deemed necessary by the shipping/receiving supervisor.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Typical shop environment with exposure to loud noise.
Exposure to warm and cold climates during loading/unloading operations.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of production loads, frequently lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Forklift qualified. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to implement shipping and receiving. General computer skills. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in preparing and maintaining records. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to take and implement instructions. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with fellow employees and truck drivers.
SKILL LEVEL REQIURED
Process Operator – Level 1
S/R – Level 1
- Unloading in-coming shipments.
- Loading of out-going shipments.
- Processing in-going and out-going paperwork.
- Assisting in breaking down and tagging loads as far as part numbers and quantities.
- Double checking out-going paperwork to make sure that loads correspond with information.
- Keeping shipping and receiving area organized.
- Pulling supply orders.
- Banding and shrink-wrapping materials.
- Generating information in the absence of Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
- Production work of which they are capable of doing as needed.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
The Forklift Driver will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following is accomplished:
- The shipping and receiving area is kept in an organized and efficient manner.
- Unloading and loading of trucks is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner.
- All associated paperwork is processed accurately.
- All job assignments are completed in a timely manner within the Quality Control Standards set by the company.
PAYSCALE: $15-$18 per hour based on experience