A Line/Area Lead is selected by the General Manager or Operations Manager and with the approval of the President. This position reports to the Operations Manager. The Line/Area lead shall have:
- Two + years’ experience supervising powder coat or liquid coating painting operations or three + years’ experience in a supervisory role in manufacturing or production environment.
The Line/Area Lead has the authority to:
- Develop and implement, in cooperation with the Operations Manager, normal operating procedures for the powder coating area.
- Make recommendations to the Operations Manager for hiring, firing, changing duties or promoting employees provided these actions fall within established company policy.
The Line/Area Lead has the responsibility for processing customer product in the area he/she is assigned, according to verified processes. This includes:
- Being responsible for quality control
- Being responsible for managing and directing operations
- Performing job in a safe, responsible manner.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The typical working conditions are a light industrial job shop. Conditions include exposure to industrial equipment, chemicals, loud noises, and warm/cold temperatures.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of production loads, frequently lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds with use of fork trucks & hoists. Moving product below the knees and above the shoulders. Requires manual/finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires ability to wear eye, respiratory, and hearing PPE’s effectively through entire work shift. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge in the core principles of supervision, training, and coaching. Must have skills in scheduling personal and designating/assigning work, knowledge of company environmental, health, and safety programs. Ability to visualize the sequence, flow, and material needs of production. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; ability to supervise, train, and evaluate subordinates. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to deal effectively with other employees as a leader.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED
Lead – Level 1 (and all prerequisites, as necessary by department)
Painter – Level 3 (and all prerequisites, as necessary by department)
Lead – Level 2
- Supervise operations of assigned area during assigned shift.
- Train individuals that are new on the various jobs.
- Assure that direct reports are performing according to verified processes.
- Cooperate with Operations Manager to monitor production levels and solve production problems, assure that operators are processing parts properly and paperwork/computer entries are completed properly.
- Check quality procedures and requirements during processing.
- Perform job in a safe, responsible manner.
- Ensure others are wearing proper PPE’s, and are working in a safe, responsible manner.
- Other duties of which he/she is capable as assigned by Operations Manager
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
A Paint Line / Area Lead of KVF-Quad Corporation will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following is accomplished:
- All Assistants, Technicians, and Operators are trained effectively or in the process of being trained.
- All production occurs as scheduled in accordance to verified process sheets.
- Re-work, quality issues are within budget and company goals.
- All jobs are performed in a safe, responsible manner.
- All jobs assigned are completed in a timely manner within the Safety and Quality Control Standards set by the company.
PAYSCALE: $19-$27 per hour based on experience