The Paint Technician position will be selected by the Paint Lead in cooperation with the Area/Line Lead and Operations Manager. This position reports to the Paint lead. The paint technician will have the following:
- One or more years’ experience operating powder coat paint or liquid equipment or two years’ experience in manufacturing serving in a production role with upward job progression.
The Paint Technician position will have the responsibility of completing work assigned with the Quality Control Standards outlined by the Paint Lead and Area/Line Supervisor. This includes:
- Ensuring proper application of powder coat paint to customer provided parts.
- Maintaining powder coat paint application equipment.
- Accurately completing all paperwork concerning assigned jobs.
- Following all policies set by KVF-Quad Corporation including Health and Safety Programs.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The typical working conditions are a light industrial job shop. Conditions include exposure to industrial equipment, chemicals, loud noises, and warm/cold temperatures.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of production loads, frequently lifting and carrying items weighing up to 60 pounds, often above the shoulders or below the knees. Requires manual/finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires ability to wear eye, respiratory, and hearing PPE’s effectively through entire work shift. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Skill in following oral and written instructions. Ability to perform highly skilled processes such as application of powder coat paint, setting up and breaking down powder coat paint equipment. Ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor. Ability to read instructions and do basic mathematical problems accurately. The ability to operate automated powder coat paint equipment. The ability to understand the safe usage and storage of chemicals and other items listed under the companies SDS policy. The ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED
Process Operator – Level 1
Painter – Level 1
- Application of powder coat paint to customer provided parts.
- Become fully trained in application, coatings, equipment, or anything else deemed necessary by the Paint Lead
- Spot check quality of coatings during application
- Maintains records of jobs performed as necessary
- Uses and maintains equipment and supplies in a safe, thoughtful manner
- Other duties of which he/she is capable as assigned by supervisor.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
A Paint Technician of KVF-Quad Corporation will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following is accomplished:
- Application of coatings are within company/customer guidelines
- Equipment is properly maintained within company guidelines.
- All jobs assigned are completed in a timely manner within the Quality Control Standards set by the company.
- All necessary records are completed in an accurate manner.
- KVF-Quad policy and practices are followed as communicated.
- Health and Safety Rules and Guidelines are followed at all times while on the job.
PAYSCALE: $15-$20 per hour based on experience