A Senior Process Operator position will be selected by the Operations Manager in cooperation with the Human Resource Coordinator. This position reports to their shift supervisor.
A Senior Process Operator must have the following:
- One year or more experience operating blast and/or vibratory equipment or two years experience in manufacturing serving in a production role with upward progression.
All Senior Process Operator positions have the responsibility of completing work assigned with the Quality Control Standards outlined by management. This includes:
- Leading by example and showing others that consistent work ethic pays off.
- Operate blast equipment in accordance proper procedures
- Accurately completing all paperwork concerning assigned jobs.
- Following all policies set by KVF-Quad Corporation including Health and Safety Programs.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The typical working conditions are a light industrial job shop. Conditions include exposure to industrial equipment, chemicals, loud noises, and warm/cold temperatures.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of production loads, frequently lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds – above the shoulders and below the knees. Also requires tolerance for bending, twisting, standing, pushing, and pulling. Job requires manual/finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Skill in following oral and written instructions. Ability to perform unskilled and semiskilled tasks in a variety of metal finishing processes. Ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor. Ability to read job sheets and do basic mathematical problems accurately. The ability to understand the safe usage and storage of chemicals. The ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED (Ability to learn and meet the following skill levels)
Process Operator – Level 1
Vibratory Operator – Level 1
Thermal Burn Oven Operator – Level 1
Blast Operator – Level 1
Ultrasonic Operator – Level 1
Shot Peen Operator – Level 1
Wash Operator – Level 1
Senior Process Operator - Job Shop – Level 1
- Operates equipment in prescribed manner and inspects finished pieces for quality control.
- Maintains records of jobs performed.
- Uses equipment and supplies in a safe manner.
- Operate forklift to move customer parts and inventory items as needed.
- Other duties of which he/she is capable as assigned by supervisor.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
A Senior Process Operator of KVF-Quad Corporation will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following is accomplished:
- All jobs assigned are completed in a timely manner within the Quality Control Standards set by the company.
- All records are completed in an accurate manner.
- KVF-Quad policy and practices are followed as communicated.
- Health and Safety Rules and Guidelines are followed at all times while on the job.
PAYSCALE: $15-$20 per hour based on experience